- Corporate Responsibility
Nitro USA, Inc. believes making ethical decisions and acting responsibly is the right and just thing to do for our clients, our institutions and our Nitro Team.
NITRO USA, INC. IS A MEMBER OF THE FLA AND HAS BEEN SINCE ITS INCEPTION.
The FLA helps companies institute Fair Labor and Responsible Sourcing (and/or Production) and agree to uphold the FLA Workplace Code of Conduct in their supply chain. The Code of Conduct is based on International Labour Organization (ILO) standards, and seeks to protect the workers who manufacture the clothing, footwear, agricultural products and other items enjoyed by consumers around the world.
Our expectations are that our associates, vendors, suppliers, and partners recognize our Code of Conduct and encourage them to also adopt these beliefs as their own.
Our community: We are responsible to the communities in which we live and work. We must be good citizens – support good works. We must maintain in good order the property we are privileged to use, protecting the environment and natural resources.
1. We communicate with our employees and help them to achieve desirable outcomes.
2. We respect our employees' dignity, recognize their merit and provide them with a sense of security in their job.
3. We do not discriminate, harass or abuse any employee based on their ideological views, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
4. We adhere to local laws regarding child labor, wage, hour and overtime compensation.
5. The Company may counsel, and if necessary, discipline employee in connection with unacceptable behavior, physical punishment is not permitted.
6. Employees choose to work for us at their own discretion. It is not permitted to force them to remain in our employment.
7. It is not permitted to accept or condone any aspect of forced labor.
8. We support, adhere to and must strictly enforce child labor laws.
9. Nitro USA is committed to ensuring that working conditions in its supply chain are safe and that manufacturing processes are environmentally responsible.
FLA Workplace Code of Conduct - Overview
The FLA Workplace Code of Conduct defines labor standards that aim to achieve decent and humane working conditions. The Code’s standards are based on International Labor Organization standards and internationally accepted good labor practices.
Companies affiliated with the FLA are expected to comply with all relevant and applicable laws and regulations of the country in which workers are employed and to implement the Workplace Code in their applicable facilities. When differences or conflicts in standards arise, affiliated companies are expected to apply the highest standard.
The FLA monitors compliance with the Workplace Code by carefully examining adherence to the Compliance Benchmarks and the Principles of Monitoring. The Compliance Benchmarks identify specific requirements for meeting each Code standard, while the Principles of Monitoring guide the assessment of compliance. The FLA expects affiliated companies to make improvements when Code standards are not met and to develop sustainable mechanisms to ensure ongoing compliance.
The FLA provides a model of collaboration, accountability, and transparency and serves as a catalyst for positive change in workplace conditions. As an organization that promotes continuous improvement, the FLA strives to be a global leader in establishing best practices for respectful and ethical treatment of workers, and in promoting sustainable conditions through which workers earn fair wages in safe and healthy workplaces.